Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Happy May Day

This is the project completed in my "10 Ways To Use Alcohol Inks" class  .

I even tried my hand at making my own Washi Tape using Red Line tape, tissue paper & then spraying it with a combination of Blending Solution & Alcohol Inks.  After I made my solution in a Mini Mister I read that it is very important to avoid spraying it in your eyes.  Beyond the obvious reasons, there is a binding agent in the Blending Solution & can really harm your eyes.

To avoid spraying anything I put in my Mini Misters, whether Pearl Ex & alcohol, or reinker & water, I mark the opposite side of the hole with an X so I know which end to hold away from myself.

Supplies used:
  • Alcohol Inks - Clover, Sail Boat Blue & Purple Twilight
  • Refillable Pen by Ranger.  I only put Blending Solution in my pen & put my AI in a paint palette.  When it dries up the Blending Solution in the Refillable pen reactivates the dried up AI. 
  • Stampin Up tree stamp which unfortunately has been discontinued.
  • Eggplant SU cardstock
  • Tissue paper
  • Red Line tape
  • Brown Staz-On
Since Staz-On is also Alcohol based,  & the AI will smear  the stamped image as you "paint" it.  However, when I did "paint" in the blossoms on the tree & it smeared, I loved the effect.  It looks a little like I watercolored the image, but it was done with AI.  I am going to try this with other images.

When I stamp an image to AI "paint" it with the refillable pen, and don't want the smeared or watercolor effect, I stamp it first with Versamark & then use fine line black embossing powder.

No comments:

Post a Comment