Wednesday, March 25, 2009
Monday, March 23, 2009
- I ordered and received the Wild Card Cartridge for my Cricut from scrapbookpal.com within two days. The best part is their shipping is FREE!
- I love, love. love this cartridge. Here is one of the cards available. Also one of my favorites, oh who am I kidding, I love them all.
I will post more cards as I make them. I am now three weeks behind in making my tags for 52Q so I will have to get caught up on that too. I have something going on everyday this week but I am going to create something each day so that is good too!
Cricuteers of Roseburg Swarm, April 17, 6 - 11pm. Email me for more info. We have a few seats left.
Friday, March 20, 2009
Tonight I am going to a card club. I am doing two cards. The penguin card I posted last month & the owl card from the Wild Card Cricut cartridge. I will post the photo of it tomorrow. I finally ordered the cartridge & can not wait until it comes. The cheapest price I found for that particular cartridge was at scrapbookpal.com It was $44.95 and shipping is FREE for orders over $25.00. Check them out. They shipped it within an hour after I ordered it!
Monday, March 16, 2009
Thursday, March 12, 2009
- My Ma is Irish and so this year I made her a St. Patrick's Day Card. I used Plantin' Schoolhouse to make the card. I cut the shamrock & pot of gold from the Paper Doll Dress Up cartridge. I love the accessories they have for the different dolls. I am not much a paper doll gal but there is a lot more on the cartridge to use for cards and LOs.
- The "gold" I cut out of gold vellum. I did a couple coats of UTEE on the pot to make it shiny.
- For the "Happy St. Patrick's Day" I printed it in green ink on gold vellum and while the ink was still wet I sprinkled Opalescent embossing powder over the title & heat set it. I haven't used this technique in a long time, but I love the way it turned out.
- The ribbon is actually gold,but it looks silver in the photo.
- Some gold brads, gold stickles inside the brads and on the "gold" in the pot, a little gold pen stitching & that about wraps it up.
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
Friday & Saturday I am teaching a Cricut class to 18 women. I love the Cricut and you can do so much with it. I have been learning so many tips & techniques on how to use the Cricut to its fullest. I can't wait to share.
I also revised the website for Scrapbook Fun Fest. It includes the classes and other information about the event. Many Thanks to Yari Mower who is the amazing designer of the digital papers & embellishments I used for this event's website.
I finished my first swap which just so happened to be a recipe swap. It is a version of a class I taught last year. This is an 8"x8" LO. The only thing I think I would have done different is not put the title on the recipe card, or in place of the title on the LO I would have put "Appetizer". I guess that's how you learn. The recipe card tucks into a pocket on the LO.
Friday, March 6, 2009
This is the tag I made for my March 52 Q Tags. Pretty simple, a mistake I really liked. Can you tell what my mistake was & how I fixed it?
Tuesday, March 3, 2009
Even though the calendar says March - the weatherman is saying snow...maybe this week. I do love Oregon.
I got a message from Kelly Stone today that Planet Hope - Sharon Stone (her sister) & Kelly's great charity for homeless Mom's & kids - want to donate 100 designer, brand new, prom dresses to the high school of my choice. It is in conjunction with Modern Bride's magazine. Oh let's see...Roseburg High School!!!!
I talked to Larry Rich who is vice-principal & Mayor of Roseburg and he is as blown away as I was. It is not a real surprise though, because that's the kind of wonderful things Planet Hope do. Check out their website at: planethope.org