Thursday, March 12, 2009

Lucky Irish


  • My Ma is Irish and so this year I made her a St. Patrick's Day Card. I used Plantin' Schoolhouse to make the card. I cut the shamrock & pot of gold from the Paper Doll Dress Up cartridge. I love the accessories they have for the different dolls. I am not much a paper doll gal but there is a lot more on the cartridge to use for cards and LOs.

  • The "gold" I cut out of gold vellum. I did a couple coats of UTEE on the pot to make it shiny.

  • For the "Happy St. Patrick's Day" I printed it in green ink on gold vellum and while the ink was still wet I sprinkled Opalescent embossing powder over the title & heat set it. I haven't used this technique in a long time, but I love the way it turned out.

  • The ribbon is actually gold,but it looks silver in the photo.

  • Some gold brads, gold stickles inside the brads and on the "gold" in the pot, a little gold pen stitching & that about wraps it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment