From today until January 8th we will accept applications for the Lime Light Charitable Design Team. Members of this team donate their time & talent for such great causes as the Ronald McDonald House, raising money for children's playgrounds, the Houston Holocaust Museum Butterfly Project, breast cancer awareness, Humane Society Animal Shelters, children's schools...and we're just getting started.
If you are a reliable individual who would like to use his or her crafting skills to help and bring light to others, we would LOVE to see you apply for this team. In addition to the crafting team member duties, we will take part in challenges on the blog that will be required by team members.
Requirements for applicants:
- Twelve month commitment--one project is done bimonthly (December is not-so-secret-Santa, and our annual Lime Light Blog Hop in December/January).
- Active blog that is kept current with at least 2 to 3 posts per month showing other Design Team projects, personal projects, etc.
- Contribute to ideas on our private site/messageboard--ideas for future tasks, ideas on what to create as well as how to create, etc.
- Follow team guidelines as posted on the private site. When you are given access, you will need to be familiar with posting protocols (they are easy), and other information specific to the Lime Light Team. You are more than welcome to ask questions and our Training Director will keep you informed of any new procedures, if any.
- Prompt communication-this is a must. We make commitments to these charities, and it's important to be able to communicate what is expected when, and any restrictions there might be. A good deal of the time it's just communicating that you understand & are working on the task at hand. Communication is done by email & on the private site, and occasionally by telephone when necessary or desired.
Email pictures of four of your crafting creations to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Pictures should include at least one card (with envelope) and one altered item.
Include your blog address in the email. We'll also have a "trash-to-treasure" section on our private site so that we can swap craft items we're not using with other team members; you'll just need to take pics of and/or list your "trash-to-treasure" items.
This hasn't been very active, but it is available to members. Your first task will begin February 1, 2012; so those who make the team need to have their blog updated & bio written by that date.
You will be required to send in a picture of yourself for the public site as well as an updated bio (for continuing members). If you find you cannot keep your commitments to the team, we will then offer the spot to someone who will be able to fill the commitments. This is a change since our last DT call. We will work around illnesses and unavoidable things, but failure to communicate and failure to participate in projects is unacceptable since (as mentioned above) these charities depend on our promised donations to continue their important work. Even if you don't want to apply, we'd sure appreciate your posting the above information on your blog.
We want the best people to represent the team to these charities, and we hope you'll help us out. As you can see, #6 is the information that applicants need to be concerned with immediately if they wish to apply. Thank you so much for taking the time to read this, we truly appreciate it. We look forward to receiving your application!
-------------WE ARE CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR BUSINESSES TO SPONSOR THE TEAM. ALSO, IF YOU ARE A BUSINESS THAT CAN DONATE PRODUCT TO THE TEAM, WE WOULD BE GRATEFUL. PLEASE SEND AN EMAIL TO email@example.com IF YOU ARE ABLE TO HELP OUT. --Posted By Susan Vilar to Lime Light Design Team-Private Site at 1/01/2012 12:00:00 AM