Sunday, June 21, 2009

The Prom Dress Story



Thank You Card Box & my Thank You Card





The story started a couple months ago when my brother called to tell me Planet Hope, a charity that works with homeless Mom's & kids in the LA area, wanted to donate designer dresses for girls at a high school of my choice. Planet Hope is the brain-child of Sharon Stone & her amazing sister, Kelly Stone.

I volunteered at 3 - 4 Camp Planet Hope sessions doing scrapbook projects with the Moms & kids. Planet Hope has been donating brand new prom dresses to high school since Hurricane Katrina and this year they expanded to more states. Since I have volunteered, Kelly wanted a high school from my area to also benefit. The county where I live in Oregon, Douglas County, is 2nd in the country for unemployment.

Since I live in Roseburg, I choose Roseburg High School and the game was on. I had the privilege of going to the high school and helping the girls pick out their prom dresses from the 80 gorgeous designer dresses (all brand new) snet to them.

What really impressed me is the high school is known for having kids that benefit from anything done for them in the community to write Thank You Notes. Prom dresses were no exception. I made a card holder for Planet Hope from the same template I made my Mom's Mother Day present. It is the template Lauren Meador designed and sells at Paper Trey Ink.

Since the theme was a "Starry Night" or something like that, I designed a cut file with the Design Studio with different shaped stars and made a card using the Wild Card cartridge to match. I used Versamark, my favorite ink to use, to stamp stars on the box & card. Silver vellum backed up the cut stars. Add silver ink, Stickles and shimmery ribbon &... well, the results are in the photos up top. I loved the way it turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment