Saturday, February 28, 2009

Bride's Magazine Entry





I designed these Bridal Favors for a contest.

  • Using the Cricut Expressions, Cricut Design Studio software & the Tags, Bags, Boxes & More cartridge, I cut out the heart square boxes from 3M Transparencies. I was able to cut two to a sheet which really cuts down on the cost.

  • I used Ranger Silver Metallic Mixative Alcohol Ink & the Blender Solution to color the hearts at the top of the box. They have so many colors you can color the box to match any Bridal theme.

  • I also colored in a line of the metallic silver at the bottom of the box.

  • It was very easy to fold back all the flaps and press them down with my bone folder. The transparency is very sturdy. I used red line tape to hold the box together.

  • The ribbon is from Offray & it is Silver Metallic.

  • I added silver Stickles to the heart.

  • The boxes measure approx. 1 1/2" square.

  • I filled them with mints, but I thought a petit fours with would be really pretty inside the clear box.
  • All piled on a tray for guests to take home or at their plate would be a fun touch.
  • The cost for each one is between $1.00 (I recalculated from my original pricing) - $1.50 depending on what you put inside the box.
  • Once you get everything cut out, the boxes go together fast. Invite some friends and your attendants over for a Favor Party.



No comments:

Post a Comment