Friday, February 13, 2009

Week 3 - 52 Q "Do you believe in Angels?"


Actually the question was "Do you believe in Fairies?" I have more of a connection to angels so I made the tag answering that question...well, in so many words.

Now for those of you who know me, you know the last two tags I have done are cutsey, and I really don't normally do cutesy. However, I wanted to incorporate some techniques and they lended themself to cute.

My favorite technique I have been using is with alcohol inks. I finally have all the alcohol inks that Ranger sells & wouldn't you know it they have just released at CHA in Anaheim new colors of alcohol inks.

Someone asked me this week what alcohol inks were so I will answer the question here: Alcohol Inks are (defined by Ranger) as: "...permanent, fast drying, transparent, acid free dye inks formulated to create a vibrant, polished stone look. Use on glossy paper, dominoes, metal, foil, shrink plastic, glass & other slick surfaces."

They are fun and easy, though messy to use. There are a few tools you also need to purchase like a silicon craft mat, ink applicator tool, felt, Metallic mixatives and blending solution.


The front of the tag is glossy and the alcohol inks were perfect to use. On the back of the tag I just swiped a couple of different ink pads on the paper.




No comments:

Post a Comment